Reports to Vice President of Development
The Senior Development Manager, Institutional Giving, advances Orchestra of St. Luke’s (OSL’s) mission through fundraising from foundations, corporations, and government entities. The successful candidate will report to the Vice-President of Development and join a five-person fundraising team that regularly exceeds annual targets.
- With President & Executive Director and VP of Development, plan annual goals and strategy
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 80 philanthropic institutions that invest over $1M in OSL annually
- Maintain proposal and report calendar, track progress towards goals
- Research and apply to new sources for support
- Write and submit proposals and reports, prepare budgets and supplemental materials
- Work closely with other departments to present accurate and detailed organizational information
- Event participation to cultivate institutional donors and prospects and provide general support
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in development, preferably in a grants management role
- Superior writing skills and understanding of budgets is required
- Skilled in Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database
Competencies and Success Factors
- Team player willing to pitch in where needed
- Knowledge of the New York City philanthropic network a plus
- Background and interest in being an advocate for classical music preferred
Open office, some evenings and weekend events required, travel to meetings and events.
Basic office and conversational functions
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000 per year. The specific salary in that range will depend on the applicant’s skills, experience, need for supervision, and level of responsibility. Benefits package is very competitive, including medical, dental, employer-paid retirement plan, and vacation, personal, office holidays, and sick days
Please send cover letter and resume as PDF attachments by email to development@OSLmusic.org, subject line “Institutional Giving_[Your Last Name].”
No phone calls please.