Reports to Vice-President of Finance and Administration
The Finance and Business Administrator conducts the day-to-day financial operations of OSL, a 48-year-old arts organization with an average annual budget of $7.5 million. Responsibilities include managing and processing payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, banking, bookkeeping, and general office management. In addition, the Finance and Business Administrator conducts various elements of human resources and benefits administration in liaison with external advisors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares biweekly payroll for electronic submission to an outside payroll company
- Prepares and distributes W2s and 1099s & answers employee inquiries
- Prepares all 1042-S, 1042-T, and 1042 returns
- Prepares and processes bank deposits
- Contributed income records with Development Department database each month
- Building income records with DiMenna Center database each month
- Box office income records with box office database each month
- Bank accounts
- Administrator duties:
- Acts as online administrator for all bank accounts
- Liaises with department heads on various financial matters
- Processes account transfers and stop payments; reconciles ACH/wire income/expenses
- Remits 1042 payments to IRS
- Coordinates annual fiscal year end audit, including providing all journal entries, schedules, confirmations, and statement of functional expense to auditors
- Acts as liaison between firm and accountants/auditors
- Responsible for all accounts payable
- Processes receivables, including checks, WTs, pledges, and building rental invoices
- Tracks and records health reimbursement account usage
- Tracks, records, and reconciles corporate credit card usage
- Reviews bank account activity daily & reports any discrepancies to CFO
- Monitors ACH debit and check deposit activity for fraud
Human Resources and Benefits Operations:
- Administers employee onboarding, offboarding, and other functions in conjunction with external human resources consultant
- Administers medical/dental insurance benefits in conjunction with external benefits advisor
- Monitors and orders office supplies
- Liaises with office machine and systems maintenance services
- May occasionally need to leave office to purchase items, send or retrieve mail, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or 5+ years of relevant accounting and management required
- CPA a plus, but not required
- At least 2 years’ experience with nonprofit bookkeeping and accounting specifically
Other Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Extremely detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to improve current processes and implement new ones as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical, project management and organization skills with keen attention to detail
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role is largely sedentary in nature and is hybrid in office/remote. This role requires frequent sitting, repetitive wrist, hand and finger movements and occasional lifting of objects of less than 20 pounds.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “OSL Finance and Business Administrator – [your last name]” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.