Orchestra of St. Luke’s (OSL) seeks a Media Production Manager to join its Marketing and Communications team.
The Media Production Manager is responsible for OSL’s email communications, social channels, and for overseeing the creation and distribution of print and digital collateral and other media. The purpose of the role is to drive sales, attendance and engagement with OSL’s annual calendar of series and concerts in New York City; OSL’s fundraising and education initiatives and programs; and The DiMenna Center for Classical Music, OSL’s performance and production facility in Midtown Manhattan.
The role closely collaborates with the Marketing Operations Manager, the Box Office and Marketing Assistant, and with team members across the 20+ person organization. Additionally, the Media Production Manager works closely with freelance designers, videographers, photographers, and printers.
- Conceptualize, write, and, circulate for approvals HTML emails supporting ticket sales, fundraising, and educational events, as well as The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Maintain verbal and graphic consistency across a variety of different email types and template
- Understand email best-practices and ensure the most effective communications to drive conversion
- Conceptualize, source or create, and update content on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, and YouTube for OSL and The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Plan content and create or source material to drive interest and engagement in OSL’s wide variety of performances
- Plan content and create or source material to drive interest and engagement in the activities at The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Source, create, and manage media (ranging from brochures to videos to advertising graphics) for OSL and The DiMenna Center for Classical Music
- Draft creative briefs and collaborate with graphic designers and printers to create print collateral
- Work with guest artists and venues to obtain photography and video related to performances
- Develop scripts / story outlines and work with video editors and other creatives to produce promotional and other content
- Collaborate with digital ad vendors and graphic designers for promotional campaigns
- Liaise with printer on project specs, budgets, and delivery in partnership with the Marketing Operations Manager
- Manage multifaceted creative projects between external vendors, internal stakeholders, and artists
- Work with stakeholders to define project goals and timelines
- Manage communications and deliverables between internal stakeholders and external creative vendors
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience managing media and creative projects in a professional setting
- Functional experience with Mailchimp or another like email service provider
- Functional experience and understanding of social media and digital advertising
- Basic understanding of CSS/HTML
- Functional experience with Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Professional experience coordinating projects with multiple internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Experience managing video and photo shoots
- Strong organizational skills and ability to independently manage a full workload
- Excellent English, literary, editorial (spelling/proofing/copywriting) and creative writing skills
- Photography, videography, and graphic design experience a plus
- Experience managing freelance vendors a plus
- Strong interest in classical or other forms of music preferred
Commensurate with experience. Benefits package is very competitive, including medical, dental, 403(b), employer-paid retirement plan, and vacation, personal, company holiday (10), and sick days.
About Orchestra of St. Luke’s (OSL)
St. Luke’s Chamber Ensemble was founded in 1974, when a group of virtuoso musicians began performing chamber concerts at Greenwich Village’s Church of St. Luke in the Fields. Today, the 24 ensemble musicians make up the artistic core of Orchestra of St. Luke’s, pairing beloved chamber works with lesser-known gems in OSL’s Chamber Music Series and anchoring almost every program presented by the orchestra. Regular seasons also see OSL perform in diverse musical genres at New York’s major concert venues, drawing on an expanded roster for largescale works, and collaborating with artists ranging from Joshua Bell and Renée Fleming to Bono and Metallica. The orchestra has commissioned more than 50 new works and has given morethan 175 world, U.S., and New York City premieres, as well as participating in 118 recordings, four of which have been recognized with Grammy Awards. Internationally celebrated for his expertise in 18th-century music, Bernard Labadie was appointed as OSL’s Principal Conductor in 2018, continuing the orchestra’s long tradition of working with proponents of historical performance practice. Built and operated by OSL, the DiMenna Center for Classical Music opened in 2011. New York City’s only rehearsal, recording, education and performance space expressly dedicated to classical music, it serves more than 500 ensembles and 30,000 musicians each year
Orchestra of St. Luke’s is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, nationality, marital status, parental status, military service, or disability. We are committed to pursuing equity and inclusion in our organization and seek candidates who bring diverse backgrounds and new perspectives to our work. Individuals from groups who have been historically underrepresented in the field of classical music are especially encouraged to apply. Permission to work in the US is required.
Please send cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment by email to marketing@OSLmusic.org, subject line “Media Production Manager_[Your Last Name].”