Please review the following information before you apply.
KEY APPLICATION DATES
Application Deadline: October 17, 2019
Participants Notified no later than November 21, 2019
Public Announcement of Participants in January 2020
INSTITUTE DETAILS AND REQUIREMENTS
Participants will write an original, new work for chamber orchestra, based on Johann Sebastian Bach’s A Musical Offering
Duration: 7-12 minutes
Submission Deadline for completed works: April 15, 2020
New York Residency: June 26-30, 2020
World Premiere Performance: June 30, 2020
Orchestra of St. Luke’s and the DeGaetano Composition Institute are committed to proactively cultivating a diverse and inclusive group of applicants, and providing equality of opportunity to all prospective participants. These values guide our organization, including the selection process for the DeGaetano Composition Institute, which will employ blind and anonymous review of materials.
- Applicants must be 18 years old as of December 1, 2019.
- Applicants must show proof of legal eligibility to work in the United States. Please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-9 for a list of acceptable documents necessary to fill out the government I-9 form.
- Applicants must be available to attend the full New York Residency June 26-30.
- Note: Participants will have housing and travel provided for New York Residency.
– A completed application form.
– A Dropbox (preferred) or Google Drive folder filled with the following:
1. Two Sample works composed within the past 5 years:
- One work for Chamber Ensemble (Labeled Work Sample #1)
- One work for Orchestra (Labeled Work Sample #2)
- Scores must be submitted in .PDF format, and must be accompanied by a sound file. (either an electronic file in midi, mp3, or web-based link to YouTube or SoundCloud notated on the application form.)
2. Two letters of recommendation from two different people who are familiar with the applicant and can speak to the applicant’s compositional work and capacity (this could be a teacher, colleague, musician, presenter)
3. CV or Resume
Please ensure your link sharing for your portfolio is ON, and OSL is able to access your application materials via a URL link.
Direct any questions or concerns to dci@OSLmusic.org