- This event has passed.
Part of: Sounds Like a Symphony
Native New Yorker and internationally renowned conductor Tito Muñoz returns to OSL to lead the orchestra in chamber arrangements of Vaughan Williams’ single movement The Lark Ascending and Mahler’s powerful Symphony No. 1. Originally written for solo violin and piano, The Lark Ascending was later orchestrated by Vaughan Williams for solo violin and full orchestra. On this program, OSL musicians perform Martin Gerigk’s arrangement of this evocative and sublime work for string sextet with violinist Tai Murray in her OSL debut. Both The Lark Ascending and Mahler’s Symphony No. 1 evoke nature and incorporate folk songs or folk themes. Written for a large symphony orchestra, Mahler’s work—sometimes referred to as “The Titan”—is presented here in an arrangement that distills its full emotional and musical force for chamber orchestra.
Your Online Concert Experience: How it Works
- Purchase tickets and receive a confirmation email at the time of purchase
- About 24 hours before the concert, you will receive a link to the concert page on OSLmusic.org sent to the email address used to purchase the tickets.
If you have not received a link by 3pm the day of the concert, please contact the Box Office: tickets@OSLmusic.org or 212.594.6100 x2.
- At the start time of the performance, the concert will begin at the link we provided you.
- During the live performance, audience members can use the chat feature. OSL staff and orchestra musicians will be available for questions and conversation.
- An archive of the concert will be available at the same link used for the event for seven days after the live performance.
Ralph Vaughan Williams (arr. Gerigk)