- This event has passed.
Sounds & Stories: Teju Cole
Part of: Sounds & Stories
Pay What You Can
Tickets include access to concert recording for 7 days after it airs
Praised for producing “compassionate and masterly work” (The New York Times), artist, critic, and photographer Teju Cole’s curated concert features readings from his story “Radia,” with works that he chose to pair with his writing. In his curatorial note, Cole describes “Radia” as “a story about travel and discovery, a story of affliction and affiliation, set in a melancholy time. But within it is the germ of an as yet unseen future. Music, which is such a great part of our survival, is also what will survive us. This program, at the core of which lie several pieces for string quartet, evokes these interlocking themes of sadness and hope.” Readings by Cole will be accompanied by works spanning nearly a millennia, including pieces by Hildegard von Bingen and Caroline Shaw.
Your Online Concert Experience: How it Works
- Purchase tickets and receive a confirmation email at the time of purchase
- About 24 hours before the concert, you will receive a link to the concert page on OSLmusic.org sent to the email address used to purchase the tickets.
If you have not received a link by 3pm the day of the concert, please contact the Box Office: tickets@OSLmusic.org or 212.594.6100 x2.
- At the start time of the performance, the concert will begin at the link we provided you.
- During the live performance, audience members can use the chat feature. OSL staff and orchestra musicians will be available for questions and conversation.
- An archive of the concert will be available at the same link used for the event for seven days after the live performance.
Plan & Elevation: V. The Beech Tree
Yvette Janine Jackson
String Quartet No. 3: V. Largo-Tranquillo
ParaMetaStrings: II: Andante
Sept Papillons: Papillons III & IV
Ludwig van Beethoven
String Quartet No. 16 in F Major, Op. 135: III. Lento assai, cantante e tranquillo
Hildegard von Bingen
O virtus Sapiente