- This event has passed.
Coleridge-Taylor meets Chopin
Part of: Sounds Like a Symphony
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 6:30pm Live Stream - OSLmusic.org
Pay What You Can
Tickets include access to concert recording for 7 days after it airs
OSL Box Office: 212.594.6100 x2
Our Sounds Ltke a Symphony closes with a program featuring the work of English composer Samuel Coleridge-Taylor. Considered to be the first major classical composer of African descent, Coleridge-Taylor was often compared to his contemporary Gustav Mahler and achieved a wide range of success in Europe and the United States before his untimely death of pneumonia at age 37, despite the many prejudices he faced because of his race. His lush and melodic Clarinet Quintet pairs perfectly with the second piano concerto of Frederic Chopin, performed by OSL favorite Jeremy Denk.
Your Online Concert Experience: How it Works
- Purchase tickets and receive a confirmation email at the time of purchase
- About 24 hours before the concert, you will receive a link to the concert page on OSLmusic.org sent to the email address used to purchase the tickets.
If you have not received a link by 3pm the day of the concert, please contact the Box Office: tickets@OSLmusic.org or 212.594.6100 x2.
- At the start time of the performance, the concert will begin at the link we provided you.
- During the live performance, audience members can use the chat feature. OSL staff and orchestra musicians will be available for questions and conversation.
- An archive of the concert will be available at the same link used for the event for seven days after the live performance.
Piano Concerto No. 2