Sounds & Stories: Anna Clyne and Jyll Bradley
Part of: Sounds & Stories
Pay What You Can
This special program spotlights Anna Clyne’s geometric collaboration with visual artist Jyll Bradley. Clyne’s world premiere work, Strange Loops, is based on a concept developed by cognitive science scholar Douglas Hofstadter in his book “I am a Strange Loop,” where he explores his own sense of “I.” Clyne has also curated accompanying musical selections for this program by Johann Sebastian Bach and Steve Reich, two of her musical inspirations, who lend their contrapuntal voices to this examination of geometric music. Our second Sounds and Stories program will also feature the world premiere of Jyll Bradley’s film, “Woman Holding a Balance,” which features music composed for the film by Clyne. Known for her public art installations that emphasize the interaction of natural light with her artistic medium, Bradley’s work combines the formalities of the Minimalism with an extremely personal exploration of identity and space.
Subscribe and Save!This event is part of the Sounds & Stories mini-series. A mini-series subscription includes select performances at a 20% discount off the suggested single ticket price of $40. Learn more
Your Online Concert Experience: How it Works
- Purchase tickets and receive a confirmation email at the time of purchase
- About 24 hours before the concert, you will receive a link to the concert page on OSLmusic.org sent to the email address used to purchase the tickets.
If you have not received a link by 3pm the day of the concert, please contact the Box Office: tickets@OSLmusic.org or 212.594.6100 x2.
- At the start time of the performance, the concert will begin at the link we provided you.
- During the live performance, audience members can use the chat feature. OSL staff and orchestra musicians will be available for questions and conversation.
- An archive of the concert will be available at the same link used for the event for seven days after the live performance.
Johann Sebastian Bach
Selected Three Part Inventions
New York Counterpoint
Johann Sebastian Bach
Contrapunctus I-IV from Art of the Fugue
Strange Loops (World Premiere)
Woman Holding a Balance (World Premiere)